Clinical intelligence provided by clinical surveillance platforms is an essential tool in hospitals’ toolboxes to improve patient outcomes, staff satisfaction, and workflow efficiency. But don’t take it from us – hospitals around the country are seeing the benefits of implementing our clinical surveillance platform across their patient safety initiatives.
Our latest Vigi Award winners, a group of nine individuals and teams recognized for using clinical intelligence from VigiLanz in creative ways to improve patient safety, is a testament to the power of clinical surveillance platforms. Read on to hear more about some of the creative uses:
1. Quickly identifying patients in need of new medications or eligible for medication discontinuation using VigiLanz alerts – Freeman Health Pharmacy Team
2. Contributing to the quick identification of patients most in need of a comprehensive medical review through custom VigiLanz rules and reports – Benefits Health System Pharmacy Team
3. Using VigiLanz rule-based alerts to help appropriately decrease use of antibiotics for patients with MRSA pneumonia – Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital Pharmacy and Antimicrobial Stewardship Team
4. Identifying pediatric patients using VigiLanz who may no longer be allergic to Penicillin and could benefit from it – Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center Stewardship Team
1. Being an outstanding leader in the field of infection prevention and spearheading multiple product improvements, alerts, customized reports and activations – Adriana Jimenez, PhD, Infection Prevention Manager at Jackson Health System
2. Expertly putting clinical surveillance ideas into action to help her teams maximize their use of VigiLanz – Dechen Lama, IT Systems Administrator, Mount Sinai Health System
3. Creating novel dashboards and worksheets using VigiLanz to inform HAI prevention efforts – Laura Stines, Infection Prevention Data Analyst, Cone Health System
1. Enhancing error reporting processes and improving quality of reports using VigiLanz medication error reporting tools. – CHRISTUS Health Safety Team
2. Detecting instances of drug diversions and conducting data-driven investigations to monitor care using data provided by VigiLanz – HCA Healthcare Continental Division
Want to learn more about how VigiLanz’ clinical surveillance platform can provide clinical intelligence and support your hospital? Contact us today to learn more.