Hospital Safety Event Reporting Buyer’s Guide
The Hospital Safety Event Reporting Buyer’s Guide provides an outline of the critical features and functions that make up a strong safety event reporting system.
An effective safety event reporting system can help quality, safety, risk management, and other teams efficiently document, manage, and analyze safety events. A strong system can also foster a culture of continuous safety improvement.
In this guide, you will find:
- 6 critical attributes to look for in a solution related to integration, implementation, and training
- 2 features and functions to look for related to automated event detection
- 8 attributes that facilitate effective event reporting
- 5 features and functions that support efficient event communication
- 7 attributes to seek out for effective event analysis and investigation
Identifying patient safety opportunities is a fundamental first step to preventing harm and improving patient care, which is why hospitals promote safety event reporting.”
—James Hoffman, PharmD, Chief Patient Safety Officer, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital